If you are from India and have been an Instagram user or even the now-banned Tik Tok app, then the term ‘Reels’ wouldn’t be as strange for you. This article will specifically deal with how to post reels on Facebook; keep reading below to know more!
If you haven’t been using Instagram, this term will confuse you. Reels for Facebook is a feature that allows you to upload 15-30 seconds of videos of you doing any random thing, whether a crazy antic or singing a song.
Reels also allow you to share your Instagram reels on Facebook.
How to Post Reels on Facebook
Posting a reel on Android can be complicated and simple, depending on what you currently know about the feature, as it is relatively new. To know how to post reels on Facebook on Android, do the following:
1. Open your Facebook mobile app and Tap on the ‘Reel’ button at the centre of the screen and right below ‘Write something here….’ On the News Feed
2. Now Tap on Create Reel button
3. Now Tap on Allow Access(Allow Facebook to access your storage and camera with audio, this is one time process only to be asked the first time you create a Reel.)
4. tap on the white circle with the red dot button inside it, and the video will start recording, with the duration being precisely 30 seconds.
The Facebook reel camera will start up; here, you have been presented with several options such as ‘Add Music’, ‘Speed’, ‘Effects’ and ‘Green Screen’. All of this with the typical additions of average cameras, such as changing the camera viewing mode from rear to front and vice versa.
6. Once you finish your recording, tap on the ‘Edit’ or ‘Stop’ button at the centre of the screen.
7. This will give you several options, including adding your audio, putting text, and trimming the Video. Decorate your Video as per your needs
8. After editing the Video, tap on ‘Next.’
9. You will be presented with a ‘New Reel’ window with security options of whether you want the public to see the video or your friends, along with being able to add specific friends to the list of who can see your Reel. Click OK on the Who can see Reels button.
Note: For an easier time when releasing your Reel, you can always set the default audience for reels to the specific security setting you have set. This will ensure that your Reel is posted to your desired setting without constantly changing them up.
10. Write something about the Reel if you want; this is an optional step
11. After you are done with this, tap on ‘Share Reel’; your Reel will be posted to your Facebook News Feed, in the Reels section and the search results of Facebook.
Now that you know how to post reels on Android, you can share anything you plan as a Facebook reel.
How to Disable Reels on Facebook
While those who used Tik Tok are more or less lauding the reels feature on Facebook due to the similarity to the app above, some are not so fond of the feature.
Reels can either be intellectual or outright offensive and be slightly disturbing, if not even brutally violent if the content creator belongs to that genre.
It is also likely that one might be tired of seeing reels at every turn while surfing on Facebook, regardless of whether the reel is good.
Unfortunately, Facebook doesn’t include an in-built feature to disable a Facebook reel. Although it is still possible to disable a Facebook reel with different methods, albeit these will include some complexity along with following the parts accurately, to do this, follow the steps below:
Step 01: Uninstall the Latest version of Facebook App
1. Uninstall the latest version of your Facebook Mobile app by going to ‘Play Store’, searching for ‘Facebook’, opening the page, tap on the ‘Uninstall’ bar.
If the uninstall bar is unavailable, you can disable the Facebook app by going to the ‘Settings’ section of your Android and selecting the ‘Apps’ section; once you are there, tap on ‘Disable’ or ‘Force Stop.’
Step 02: Install the Older version of Facebook App
2. Once you are done either disabling or uninstalling the latest Facebook app, go to this. Download the older version of the Facebook App on your Mobile device and install it.
Step 03: How to Disable Auto update for Facebook App
You need to disable the auto-update feature for Facebook App on your Mobile. Otherwise, Facebook will be updated to the latest version, and Reels will be visible on your Mobile device.
1. Go to the Play Store on your Mobile device
2. Search for Facebook App on the Play Store
3. Tap on the three dots located on the top
4. Make sure the Auto update feature is un-ticked.
And you are all set; this will effectively disable Facebook reels for you, as the old version doesn’t have that feature. If you are ready to do this and have no problems, then you are done.
If you have any questions, you can ask them in the comments section!
Did I just helped you solve one of your problem? Support me by buying me a coffee. Thanks for your support