You may encounter a few issues while trying to connect the AirPods to your Bluetooth devices; this article will deal with how to connect AirPods to any of your devices.
In this time and era, AirPods have become more or less a common stereotype to have. Although expensive for some, AirPods are a pretty sought-after device since they offer so much flexibility in listening to your favourite song or something on the go.
Keep reading below to know more.
Tips Before Proceeding
Ensure your AirPods are fully charged or at least charged to the point where they will stay on and not turn off in between the connection period. Also, turn on Bluetooth first on any of your devices before trying to pair up your devices.
The setup button is located on the back of your AirPods cases on both old AirPods and AirPods pro; the setup button on AirPods Max is called the “Noise control” for the sake of easy identification, we will refer to it as the setup button.
How to connect AirPods to PC
To connect your AirPods to your PC, do the following:
- Put the AirPods in your case or open the lid of your case with the AirPods inside
- Press and hold the setup button on the back of your case till the LED flashes white, either in front of the case for the old AirPods or in the front for the new AirPods Pro
1. Press Windows key + X and
2. Click on ‘Settings.’
3. Click on ‘Devices.’
4. Make sure Bluetooth Button is On
5. Click on + Mark ‘Add Bluetooth or other device.’
6. Select ‘Bluetooth’ in the menu that comes next
7. Select your AirPods from the device list; if it isn’t there, make sure that they are inside your case and you have enabled the pairing mode by pressing the setup button
8. Click on done once after clicking on your AirPods device
Now your AirPods should be connected to your PC; if you encounter issues, ensure you follow the steps above.
The next time, you do not need to follow the above steps to connect your AirPods to your PC; instead, you need to Turn On the Bluetooth on both the PC and your AirPods.
Check this article to learn How to Turn on Bluetooth on windows 10 in various ways.
How to connect AirPods to Mac
You may perhaps experience some trouble connecting your AirPods to your Mac computer. To resolve the potential errors, follow the steps below:
- Open up the lid of your AirPods case
- Press and hold the setup button on the back of the case till the LED flashes white
- On your Mac, go to “Apple menu.”
- Click on “System Preferences”
3. Click on “Bluetooth” on the list of Apps
4. Select your AirPods model from the devices list and click “Connect.”
5. Make sure to Tick Show Bluetooth in menu bar.
Now that you know how to connect AirPods to Mac, this should successfully connect your AirPods to your Mac computer; if you have any problems, do the steps again. Also, restart your Mac just in case; restarting can often resolve errors.
The next time, you can click on the “Bluetooth icon” in the menu bar and Click on your “AirPods” name, finally clicking “Connect” from the menu that pops up to connect your AirPods to your Mac successfully.
How to connect AirPods to iPhone
How to connect AirPods to your iPhone? Connecting your AirPods to your iPhone can be relatively simple compared to other devices, as the AirPods are Apple-made. Just follow the steps below:
- Go to your Home Screen and Open the “Settings”
- Click on the “Bluetooth”
- Click on the “Bluetooth Button” if not Turned On already
Hold your AirPods or AirPods pro near your iPhone and open the case
- Select your “AirPods” once visible on your iPhone screen.
And there you go; connecting AirPods to your iPhone is simple. To be precise, too simple.
How to connect AirPods to Android
To connect your AirPods to your Android device, do the following:
1. Open up Settings on your Android
2. Go to Connected devices or (Connections)
3. Click on Bluetooth
4. Click on Pair new device and bring up your AirPods close to your Android device and open up the lid while pressing and holding the setup button
5. Your AirPods should pop up in the device list, Tap the AirPods name on your screen and follow whatever prompt comes up your way for connecting the AirPods
6. And there you have it, the AirPods will be paired up with your Android without much hassle; although you might not get the automatic, easy connection like an iPhone, you will still have the same functionality.
Now that you know how to connect AirPods to any device, will you connect it to your devices or iPhone for consistency? It depends on you!
Did I just helped you solve one of your problem? Support me by buying me a coffee. Thanks for your support