Now it is easier to change Microsoft Teams email address; Microsoft has included a button in the Microsoft 365 portal to change the email address of a Teams. So, in this article, we will learn How to change Microsoft Teams email addresses without PowerShell scripts.
In the beginning, of Microsoft Teams, when you create a Teams, an email address will be generated based on the Teams name, and there is no way you can change the Teams email address.
Later, Microsoft included some PowerShell scripts to change the Email address of Microsoft Teams, but now it has become more accessible.
You can change any of your existing Teams email addresses by going to Microsoft 365 portal (formerly known as Office 365 portal)
How to Change Microsoft Teams email Address
Step 01: Microsoft 365 Portal
1. Log in to Microsoft 365 portal
2. Click on Active teams & groups
Step 02: Select and edit your Teams
3. Search your Teams to which you want to change the email address or select in the list of available teams
4. Click on the three dots as shown in the above image
5. Now select the Edit email address in the list of option
Step 03: Update your Teams email address
6. Click on the edit button
7. Enter your new prefix for the email address
8. Click on the Done button once you are edited.
Step 04: Save the Changes
9. Click on the Save changes button once you have confirmed your new email address
10. Your changes are successfully updated immediately.
If you plan to use the old email address for other Teams, however, it can take 24 hours before the old address is available for reuse.
That’s it; this is how it is easier now to change the Microsoft Teams email address using Microsoft 365 portal without using any PowerShell scripts. If you like this article, please mark it as Helpful.
Did I just helped you solve one of your problem? Support me by buying me a coffee. Thanks for your support